Here are quick and easy make-up tips. Anybody can use these as they are not targeting anyone with special features.
- If you do not have time for a full make-up, but want to look great. Paint on a bright red lipstick. At least its happy and glamorous color will immediately brightens your face.
- Sweep a little loose powder under your eyes when applying dark shades of eye shadow to catch any falling specks and prevent them from staining your skin.
- Make your lips look larger by wearing a bright, light lipstick. Or make them appear small by wearing dark and more muted colors.
- If you do not have a specialized contouring product for cheeks, simply use an ordinary face powder a couple of shades darker than your usual one to slim down the cheeks.
- Add a drop of witch hazel available in all good drug stores to turn ordinary foundation into a medicated one, it will work wonders on oily skin, which is prone to acne and pimples.
- Mascara your lashes before applying false ones to help them stick properly.
- If you look tired then blend a little concealer just away from the outer corner of your eye - it will make you look as though you had a good night's sleep.
- Never apply makeup before blow-drying your hair - the heat from the dryer can make you perspire and cause your makeup to smudge.
- The color of powder eye shadow can be made to look more intense by dipping your eye shadow brush in water first.
- Keep eye lashes smooth and supple by brushing them with petroleum jelly before going to bed at night.
- Apply cream blusher in light downward movements to prevent it from creasing in specks of color from catching in the fine hairs on your face.
- If mascara tends to clog on your lower lashes then try using a small thin brush to paint color on to individual lashes.
- Make sure you give moisturizer time to sink in before you start applying your makeup as it will help your makeup go on more easily.
- If your eyeliner is too hard and drags your skin, hold it next to a lighter bulb for a few seconds before applying.
- Lip gloss can look sophisticated if you just apply a dot in the center of your lower lip.
- If you are unsure where to apply blusher, gently pinch your cheeks. If you like the effect, apply blusher in the same area.
- To prevent lipstick from getting on your teeth, try this tip. After putting it on, put your finger in the mouth, purse your lips and pull it out.
- Women who wear glasses need to take special advice on makeup. If you are near-sighted, your glasses will make your eyes look smaller. So, go for brighter eye shadows and lots of mascara to ensure they do not disappear.
- A little foundation lightly rubbed through your eyebrows and brushed through with an old toothbrush will instantly lighten them.
- For long lasting blush on sunny days or hot nights, apply both cream and powder blusher. Apply the cream formulation first, set with translucent powder then dust with a little powder blush.
Have fun discovering your new colors.