Do you feel like you are in a fashion rut? You buy way too many clothes in one color, everything you have in your closet looks the same and you struggle to find something to wear, let alone find something that makes you feel good? If this is true, it's time to add some excitement to your wardrobe.
Every morning when you leave your home you deserve to feel great about what you're wearing. This doesn't mean that you have to be dressed in expensive or designer clothing; it does mean that you will have chosen a clothing style that suits you and is in a color that makes your skin glow. To jazz up your style start with:
1. Getting to know the colors that look great on you. When you wear colors that suit your skin tone your skin looks more radiant, fine lines, dark circles and wrinkles are less apparent. Wearing the wrong colors (a mistake many women make) will make your skin look sallow, drab and lines and wrinkles will stand out. Before you purchase an outfit be sure the color will make your skin look radiant. If you are one of those women who always buy the same color, use that color as a starting point and add a few colors at a time (from your color palette) to create interest in your wardrobe.
2. Wearing clothes that are flattering for your body shape: Choose clothes that bring out your positive features. Get to know your body shape and choose the styles that are best for it. When your clothing purchases are based on how the garment affects your body shape getting dressed is a thrill. Choosing the styles that suit your shape will make you look thinner, taller and younger. If you are wearing the wrong clothing styles you will look larger, frumpy and matronly.
3. Choosing accessories that complement your outfits. Accessories such as scarves, handbags, shoes, gloves and necklaces will bring any outfit alive - accessories have jassability!
4. Bringing the whole look together. Now that you have the right colors, style and accessories your hairstyle and makeup cannot be overlooked. Makeup should match in occasion and color. For example, lighter lipstick, eye shadow and blush for day and darker for evening. Lipstick and blush colors should be in the same color family (cool or warm) as your outfit. Your hairstyle should complement the color of your skin and also be in harmony with what you are wearing.
5. Creating a smart image with a winning smile and attitude. A genuine smile makes you appear more approachable. Those who treat others with respect and respect themselves are on the way to creating an image that is impeccable.
©Copyright 2006 Sheila Dicks